Natal is a very popular tourist destination, a renowned city in Brazil, the capital of Rio Grande do Norte. There are some great beaches that can be visited, nature areas, historical sites and a whole lot more.
What Can You See?
- Forte Dos Reis Magos – This is the most important and oldest of the historical constructions in Natal. It is a military site that can be visited now for a really small fee.
- Parque Das Dunas – The natural reserve covers an impressive 11.7 million square meters and is famous for the sandy dunes. Just as you enter the park you will also want to see Bosque dos Namorados.
- Ponte Newton Navarro – this 1.8 km bridge with a width of 100 meters cannot be missed.
Important Sites In The Natal Historic Center
- Igreja De Santo Antonio – A baroque style church that was built in the year 1976. It also includes a religious artwork museum.
- Memorial Camara Cascudo – It was built in the neoclassic style in 1875, dedicated to the work and life of Luis da Camara Cascudo. He is the most famous folklorist and anthropologist in Rio Grande do Norte.
- Rua Chile – You will want to visit this street because of the nineteenth century houses present.
- Solar Bela Vista – This palace was built in 1907 and eventually became a luxurious hotel. Nowadays it is a very popular cultural center
Various Beaches to visit in Natal, Brazil
- Via Costeira – There are 10 kilometers of beaches here, accessible from Costeira freeway.
- Ponta Negra – A great beach for wealthier locals and tourists.
- Redinha – This is the only beach that you can visit in the North region. The food here is cheap and there are various activities you will enjoy.
- Praia Dos Artistas – Although this beach is mostly popular among the locals, the tourist infrastructure is great, including restaurants, bars and hotels.
What Should You Consider Doing In Natal, Brazil?
- Hire a nice buggy to travel along the coast. You will see that the one day rides are not so expensive and the drivers can even pick you up at the hotel where you stay.
- Go to Potengi River and watch the sunset. We recommend the To A Toa Boat Cruise
- Attend Forro Con Turista – This is a weekly party that will take place at the Centro do Turismo every single Thursday.
Where To Eat?
- Abade – One of the best restaurants in town.
- Beach Food – Ginga com tapioca is the really common dish that you want to try out.
- Pizza – There are actually 3 pizzerias that have a fixed menu. You just pay once and you get all you can eat.
- O Boiadeiro – Great for dinner and lunch.
On the whole, many of the things to do in Natal, Brazil, are connected to historical sites or beaches. You will surely enjoy yourself if these two are among your interests. If not, you are much better off learning more about other less popular Natal attractions