Most people think once they have saved money on their trip, they are doing things the right way. Here are some tips on how budget traveling should be done.
– Maintain a daily budget. In order to be a great budget traveler, you must think the same way accountants do. You must always set up a daily budget schedule and stick to it. Always have your phone’s calculator with you so you can easily compute the expenses you have incurred for the day. There is nothing wrong in keeping up with your budgeting as you travel. You can opt to do it in a spreadsheet or you can go the old fashion way by listing down all your expenses. Know how much you can afford to spend in each day and try as best as you can to stick to it.
– Know the exchange rates by heart. If you will not be careful with this, you can easily be tricked. You must be aware of how much your currency costs. To help you with this, it is recommended that you download a good currency converter app on your phone. This will make your life a lot easier and your budgeting a lot more feasible.
– Book your trip ahead of time. We are all aware of the saying that– an early bird catches the worm. This is the same with booking your flights too. When you book early, you get to take advantage of booking cheaper flights.
– Avoid traveling during peak season. When we say peak seasons, we refer to the summer times, winter and basically all Holiday. As much as you can, try and avoid all holidays, summer times and even, winter. This will also help you save a lot on accommodations as well as flights.
– Shop at local supermarkets. Good news! Do you know that you can shop local even if you do not have any kitchen in your hotel room? You heard me right! It is recommended that you buy things from the local supermarket such as snacks or instant noodles. In this way, you can save more money as compared when you buy on convenience stores.
– Take advantage of your hotel’s breakfast buffet. The truth is, breakfast buffet is probably the best and most reasonably priced thing when you go abroad. Never underestimate its value. Whether you are a breakfast person or not, it is advised that you try and fill up as much as you can during breakfast so that you can avoid any unnecessary purchases on your day trip.
– Take advantage of travel insurance. Most people who are on a budget try and skip availing of travel insurance. Even though you think you can save a lot of money by doing this, you are not. It may seem like it is not necessary but I assure you it is valuable when things go wrong. Things can go wrong at anytime so this is a must for everyone.